This is about what you never learned in psychology classes. What parents and clients and professionals need to know about success and failure. From anxiety and depression to the most successful people in life. What can we learn from their failure and success?
Psychology is easily one of the most popular classes on campus, and the most needed. Yet problems abound. We have gone from 25,000 suicides a year in the 1970’s to 42,000 today, before the crisis of Covid-19. Today, we have some six times more psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, and psychiatrists than we had back then, and over four times the psychoactive medications, we have not been able to stem the problems.
Pills and talking to a counselor are not enough. This is a book about how we can use knowledge and the educational system to help make it through the inevitable problems of life.
Learn the most important lessons of life from the great psychologists and the most successful people. “If only I knew then, what I know now…” is the most common regret of life. It fairly screams the critical importance of knowledge. Yet our educational system has failed to provide the knowledge.
What is it that the most important minds in psychology and the most successful people know about succeeding in life? From Lincoln to Oprah, from Mark Twain to Elon Musk, J. B. Rowling, Einstein, Michael Jordan and more, these are the lessons of life that we never learned in school.
Einstein, Rowling, Musk and others understood one of the most important lessons to get across to ourselves and our children. Challenge yourself to change your life. Improve yourself. Practice life.
• Staying Sane In An Insane World: Anxiety And Depression.
• Life Lessons: “If Only I Knew Then, What I Know Now!”
• “The Fire In Your Belly”: What Makes For Success.
• Prophylaxis: Learning Protects Us From Life And Aids Success.
• Education: A Key To Prevent Problems And Encourage Success.
• Bullying And School Shooters. Protection From Failure, Cyber Bullying, Putdowns
• What The Great Psychotherapists Know.
• What Creates Intelligence: The Great Minds of History.